What is PACE Technology?
SANUWAVE® has developed the latest generation of Extracorporeal Shock Wave Technology (ESWT) called PACE® (Pulse Acoustic Cellular Expression). Our PACE Technology uses a proprietary design to create true focused shockwaves through an electrohydraulic process that uses high voltage discharge in fluid. PACE is a relatively new and innovative technology that creates a larger target area by generating a larger focal volume within a targeted treatment zone. Higher shockwave pressures translate into more energy which is delivered to the treated tissue by each shockwave pulse that passes the area. PACE technology is designed to initiate healing and to regenerate a large variety of tissues such as soft tissues (skin, subcutaneous tissues, and muscles), semi-soft tissues (tendons and ligaments), and hard tissues (bone).
The orthoPACE System Utilizes PACE Technology
SANUWAVE’s orthoPACE System uses PACE Technology, and has a long and successful history of treating bone conditions requiring osteogenesis, calcific joints, conditions causing painful joints, as well as treating chronic pain caused by musculoskeletal disorders and inflammatory conditions. This system is designed for specialists in orthopedics, trauma, and sport injuries medicine.
The orthoPACE System is a state-of-the-art device offered internationally* by SANUWAVE to treat the following conditions:
- Tendinosis calcarea (calcified shoulder)
- Shoulder tendinosis (with or without calcification)
- Epicondylitis (tennis or golfers’ elbow)
- Fasciitis plantaris (with or without heel spur)
- Achillodynia (achilles tendonitis)
- Patellar tip syndrome
- Bursitis trochanterica calcarea (hip bursitis)
- Acute, delayed-union or non-union extremity fracture
- Adjunctive use for accelerated healing of any type of tissue
What are the Expected Results?
Much like our other PACE products, the orthoPACE System shows positive effects after only one treatment. Some patients report immediate and complete pain relief after the first procedure; it may take several treatments, depending on the condition chronicity and patient’s comorbidities.
Is it Safe?
Yes. Shockwave treatment was originally developed for the treatment of kidney stones over 30 years ago. A wealth of medical experience, state-of-the-art engineering, and optimal quality has been built into the orthoPACE System. Extensive clinical studies and tests have confirmed the safety and efficacy of the technology.
Local anesthetic or sedation might be required for the treatment. Caution should be taken for allergic reactions to anesthetics or sedation drugs.
Why Consider Non-Invasive PACE Technology?
Advantages of PACE Technology include:
- Reduction of inflammation and increased blood circulation through blood vessels dilation and angiogenesis (development of new, small blood vessels)
- Its ability to work fast and to treat both soft and hard tissues, including superficial and deep soft tissues and semi-hard and hard tissues
- A proven success rate: usually with just one or a few procedures and without the inherent risks, complications, and lengthy recovery time that can be associated with invasive surgery
- Quick application: a minimal amount of time is needed to apply (between 2- and 30-minutes, depending on wound size)
- Patient convenience: Patients can go home the same day the procedure is performed. Patients can bear weight immediately following the procedure and return to normal activity within a few days
- The level of comfort it offers as a non-invasive procedure, which eliminates the risk of infection and scarring