Area Sales Manager
Area Sales Manager (Openings available in Chicago Illinois, New York/New England)
Are you prepared to join a cutting edge, dynamic team that is innovating and disrupting the med-tech field? SANUWAVE is hiring motivated, passionate, high preforming individuals to support the commercialization of its newly approved FDA devices! If you think you are ready to join a face-paced, growing company with high energy and tremendous potential upside, then consider joining us at SANUWAVE.
SANUWAVE Health, Inc. is an emerging leader in the development and commercialization of a high-energy focused, shock wave technology that is used in devices for the repair and regeneration of bones, muscles, tendons and skin, and for the separation of solids and fluids in non-medical systems. Headquartered in Suwanee, GA, SANUWAVE designs, manufactures, markets and services its industry leading products for worldwide distribution.
We are looking to fill an open Area Sales Manager role.
The incumbent will oversee a specific geographical area and acts as a liaison between company headquarters and the company’s presence in their respective territory. The primary job function is to increase sales volume within their assigned region. Other significant responsibilities include developing new business opportunities, ensuring customer needs are met satisfactorily, and ensuring that the company’s presence in their assigned area is meeting the company’s standards and expectations. Continue to keep the company’s headquarters updated on their assigned area through reports and presentations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate and present on sales strategies, goals and outcomes.
- Interact with a range of clients, but particularly high profile or key accounts.
- Ensure clients are vetted well before placing devices.
- Identify new target markets and local strategies to increase brand awareness.
- Meet and exceed sales goals, documenting customer contact in Salesforce.com. “Remember if it is not documented in salesforce.com, it didn’t happen”
- Provide strategic and tactical direction primarily toward the wound care and orthopedics specialties.
- Prepare and manage an annual regional sales budget and plan.
- Identify, pursue and close well-vetted-sales-prospects for SANUWAVE’s products.
- Build and maintain a sales presence with broad reach in the community.
- Oversee the tactical administration of sales quota and compensation plans for the region.
- Collect timely and accurate sales data based on key performance indicators, communicate results on a timely basis to senior management team, and implement improvement strategies as required.
- Develop and implement ongoing sales training programs to continuously upgrade the skills within the regional sales team to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Implement SANUWAVE’s sales processes to establish a culture of consultative selling in all care environments and to all customers.
- Assist in the collection, interpretation and practical application of market research and competitive intelligence; identify trends that effect current and future growth of regional sales and profitability.
- Provide functional support and input into sales force automation projects, such as digital marketing and CRM initiatives, to improve sales efficiencies.
- Maintain a timely and accurate sales funnel and provide reliable sales forecasting.
- Organize and assist with future regional and national sales meetings as required.
- Cultivate and maintain effective business relationships with decision makers in large accounts and KOLs within the region.
- Prioritizes effectively and in accordance with corporate objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required to achieve the revenue and profit objectives of SANUWAVE.
- Complete all Quality training timely for role and ensures the finance department is up to date with all quality training.
- Ensure regional compliance with the travel and expense policy and reimbursement process for accuracy and timely transactions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to multi task and navigate complex approval processes of capital equipment
- Ability to communicate and network among C-suite executives.
- Availability to travel 100% of your time in North America, most times with little or no advance notice.
- Excellent math skills.
- High ethical standards, ensuring integrity is always at the forefront of communication.
- Works well within the organizational structure.
- Effectively provides solutions to business issues
- Track record of success in growing a product to a leading presence in its field
- Consultative selling skills and proven ability to train/coach these skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication and group presentation skills
- Strong planning, time management and organizational skills
- Able to use technology and analysis tools (Microsoft Office, Outlook, web, databases)
- Self-Starter- Minimal direction/management required
- Organization- Excellent organizational skills in handling multiple issues simultaneously.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Strong and efficient organization specifically with travel planning and travel expenses
Qualifications (Experience, Education, Licenses and Certification)
- High school degree required. College degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in wound care and/or orthopedics (preferred)
- Must be able to travel domestically approximately 100% of the time, per year (on average) with some international travel too.
SANUWAVE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email your resume to email@example.com and include the title of the job in the subject line.
Qualified applicants will be contacted.