Accounting Manager / Senior Accountant
Are you prepared to join a cutting edge, dynamic team that is innovating and disrupting the med-tech field? SANUWAVE is hiring motivated, passionate, high preforming individuals to support the commercialization of its newly approved FDA devices! If you think you are ready to join a face-paced, growing company with high energy and tremendous potential upside, then consider joining us at SANUWAVE.
SANUWAVE Health, Inc. is an emerging leader in the development and commercialization of a high-energy focused, shock wave technology that is used in devices for the repair and regeneration of bones, muscles, tendons and skin, and for the separation of solids and fluids in non-medical systems. Headquartered in Suwanee, GA, SANUWAVE designs, manufactures, markets and services its industry leading products for worldwide distribution.
We are looking to fill an open Accounting Manager/Senior Accountant role
The Accounting Manager’s primary objective is to direct and coordinate all aspects of accounting including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management and payroll recording.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review financial documents for completeness and accuracy; compiling and reviewing budget figures; maintaining accurate financial records and preparing accurate and timely reports.
- Review accounting and financial documents to ensure accuracy of information and calculations and make any necessary correcting entries.
- Examine supporting documentation to establish proper authorization and conformance with contracts and other agreements, policies and appropriate regulations.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting package.
- Prepare, review and post month end close journal entries.
- Prepare and review monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed asset listings and file property tax returns.
- Analyze results against prior activity and budget.
- Ensure policies and procedures meet Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Develop, implement, modify and document policies and procedures for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, recordkeeping and accounting systems.
- Supervise/manage future associates within the accounting department.
- Survey operations to ascertain reporting needs and changes in polices or procedures to increase the efficiency of the department and the company.
- Special projects to assist management in running and analyzing the business.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Keep all Quality Management training requirements up to date for ISO/FDA and internal compliance.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting including the application of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex accounting issues.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work and interact well with team members and other departments within the organization.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to report and analyze data including creating and delivering factual.
- Strong interpersonal skills and business acumen.
- Strong verbal and writing skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task, use sound personal judgment, reason and logic. Exhibit adaptability.
- Anticipates issues and organizes and leads other members to resolve problems.
- Must be extremely flexible and able to rapidly change priorities.
Qualifications (Experience, Education, Licenses and Certification)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required.
- CPA and Master’s degree preferred.
- Five to seven years’ experience in all aspects of accounting.
- Proven supervisory experience.
SANUWAVE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the title of the job in the subject line.
Qualified applicants will be contacted.